In the event of a medical emergency, upon feeling that you may need help:
- Immediately inform the closest person to call 911 and summon medical help. Specify that it is a medical emergency.
- If no one is around, immediately call 911 and request medical help.
- GIVE BUILDING ADDRESS, FLOOR, AND SUITE NUMBERS, AND YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
- Call the Building Management Office at (925) 935-2033.
Upon being informed of another person in need of medical help:
- Immediately call 911
- GIVE BUILDING ADDRESS, FLOOR AND SUITE NUMBER and PHONE NUMBER.
- Make ill person as comfortable as possible.
- Call the Building Management Office (925) 935-2033.
- Give location and phone number
- If safe to do so, get the person needing assistance close to the elevator.
- Send someone to wait at the elevator to guide medical units.
Building Staff response upon receiving information that someone in the building is in need of medical help:
- Call 911 to ensure medical response.
- Send someone to front of building to meet responding unit.
- Recall elevator (typically the freight) for responding personnel.
- Guide medical units to elevator and provide assistance getting to floor and person needing assistance.
- Check breathing, clear airway.
- Stop bleeding, apply direct pressure.
- Soothe a burn with cool running water.