The responsibility for evacuation and notification of each Tenant employee will reside with the Senior Officer of each Tenant. The Senior Officer will be advised of all information on a timely basis.
Bomb Threat Procedure
If you receive a bomb threat by telephone:
- Try to get as much information from the caller as possible: such as detonation time, bomb locations, floor, kind and size of the bomb, reason placed, did caller plant the bomb, caller‘s name.
- Note the following: Time of call, was the caller male or female, describe voice and accent, background noises, was the caller angry or show and other emotions.
Please refer to FBI checklist here.
Upon hanging up with the caller:
- Notify the Police Department at (925) 943-5844 or 911
- Notify the Building Management Office at (925) 935-2033
- Notify your supervisor.
- The Building Management Office will notify all tenant companies by phone.
- If advised to evacuate by your Senior Officer, do so quickly, and move at least three(3) blocks away.
- Remember, you can search your area faster and more thoroughly for a suspicious package, as you know better than anyone else if it belongs.
If you find a suspicious package:
- Do not move or touch it.
- Notify the authorities immediately and leave the area.
Suspicious Device Procedure
- Do not attempt to move or touch it.
- Call 911.
- Inform the Building Management Office immediately at (925) 935 2033
- Evacuation of the immediate area is the decision of the Tenant.